Benefiting the Texas Ranger Association Foundation
The Texas Ranger Association Foundation, Inc. (TRAF) was organized in 1982 to support active and retired Texas Rangers, a division of the Texas Department of Public Safety since 1935. TRAF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Texas Corporation.
For additional information regarding the Texas Ranger Association Foundation, please contact:
Liz Myrick, Executive Director
254-752-1001 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- To preserve and perpetuate the history and heritage of the Texas Rangers.
- To assist active and retired Texas Rangers, their spouses and dependents, as well as spouses and dependents of deceased Texas Rangers in need of emergency relief and assistance. TRAF also hosts an annual reunion for retired Texas Rangers.
- To establish and administer a scholarship fund to aid the children of active Texas Rangers who plan to attend or are attending accredited colleges or universities.
- To assist with the expansion, improvement and operations of the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame Museum in Waco, TX.
We work to support our Texas Rangers by providing scholarships to the children of active duty Rangers. The scholarship program was established in 1988 to defray the burden of costs associated with higher education. Presently an average of 50 students attending a college, university or accredited trade school receive a TRAF (Texas Ranger Association Foundation) scholarship each year. Each fulltime student receives $4,000 per year. Since 1988, TRAF has awarded over $1.6 million in scholarships.
TRAF BOARD MEMBERS
- RICK HERNANDEZ
- JORGE L. CISNEROS
- ALVARO GONZALEZ
- STEVE LAMANTIA
- TREY MARTINEZ
- MAJOR BRIAN BURZYNSKI
- LT. RICK RIVERA
- RANGER ROLAND VILLARREAL
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT VENESSA BUSTAMANTE
- CHIEF HANK WHITMAN, RETIRED